Algarve-style carrot salad with spicy sardine toasts
These Algarve traditional flavours are a perfect match for quality preserved sardines in olive oil. Quick and easy to prepare, this recipe is perfect for a light summer lunch.
Time: 30 min
4-6 carrots (depending on size)
4 garlic cloves
White wine vinegar
1 can Sardines in spicy olive oil Formosa Gourmet
1. Boil the carrots until you are able to pierce them with a fork
2. Peel the boiled carrots
3. Cut the carrots into slices
4. Chop the garlic into small cubes
5. Season the carrots with the garlic, olive oil, vinegar, paprika and cumin, to taste.
6. Add the olives to the salad mix.
7. Set the Sardines in spicy olive oil on the toasts and serve!