You might already know that canned fish is healthy and super nutritious, but what is it that makes these delicious cans so healthy? We have compiled a list with the five major health benefits and why they are good for you.
Canned fish is full of the following:
1. Omega 3 fatty acids → good for your brain and heart. They may help lower the risk of heart disease, depression, dementia, and arthritis.
2. Protein → good for your bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, blood and much more. We need protein to repair cells and encourage healthy growth and development.
3. Calcium (from the fish bones) → good for your bones and teeth. It also affects your muscles, hormones, nerve function and ability to form blood clots.
4. Iron → required for blood production in your body. Iron is an important component of hemoglobin, which is essential to carry oxygen from your lungs throughout your body. Iron also has a critical role within cells assisting in oxygen utilization, enzymatic systems and overall cell function.
5. Potassium → good for your blood pressure, bones and muscles. Potassium is an electrolyte that counteracts the effects of sodium.
✩ Bonus: The health benefits from the olive oil which you get when eating our cans in olive oil. Olive oil is known for being a key ingredient in a healthy diet because of it is full of antioxidants and healthy fatty acids (monounsaturated).
You find all our healthy cans here in our online shop. Welcome!