A delicious snack which is easy to make. We like the extra saltiness from the fish and how the recipe can be varied with many different flavors.
Time: 30 min
1 can of Formosa Gourmet sardines optional taste (we used Sardines in vegetable oil with chilli)
500 gram peanuts
6 garlic cloves (sliced)
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of sesame oil (could be excluded)
2 pieces of finely chopped red chilis
1.5 tablespoons of lime zest
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Drain the can and chop the sardines.
3. Spread out the sardines on baking sheet on a tray together with peanuts, garlic and chili. Add the olive oil and sesame oil and mix them with all the ingredients.
4. Place in the oven for approx. 25 minutes. Shake and stir 2-3 times and remove the tray from the oven when the nuts have a roasted color and begin to crack open.
5. Put everything in bowl and toss with lime zest, salt and sugar. Stir and serve!