A delicious snack which is easy to make. We like the extra saltiness from the fish and how the recipe can be varied with many different flavors.
Time: 30 min
- 1 can of Formosa Gourmet sardines optional taste (we used Sardines in vegetable oil with chilli)
- 500 gram peanuts
- 6 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil (could be excluded)
- 2 pieces of finely chopped red chilis
- 1.5 tablespoons of lime zest
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Drain the can and chop the sardines.
- Spread out the sardines on baking sheet on a tray together with peanuts, garlic and chili. Add the olive oil and sesame oil and mix them with all the ingredients.
- Place in the oven for approx. 25 minutes. Shake and stir 2-3 times and remove the tray from the oven when the nuts have a roasted color and begin to crack open.
- Put everything in bowl and toss with lime zest, salt and sugar. Stir and serve!