What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to "remember" you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a "session cookie") or for multiple repeat visits (using a "persistent cookie"). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as "first party cookies"), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website ("third party cookies"). Both websites and HTML emails may also contain other tracking technologies such as "web beacons" or "pixels." These are typically small transparent images that provide us with statistics, for similar purposes as cookies. They are often used in conjunction with cookies, though they are not stored on your computer in the same way. As a result, if you disable cookies, web beacons may still load, but their functionality will be restricted.
Where we place cookies
We set cookies in a number of different locations across our services. These include:
- On our website
- In the administrative dashboard of our website
Types of Cookie
The list below explains the types of cookies we may use on our websites and why we use them.
- Strictly Necessary - These cookies are essential for websites on our services to perform their basic functions. These include those required to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account related functions, as well as to save the contents of virtual "carts" on sites that have an ecommerce functionality.
- Functionality - These cookies are used to store preferences set by users such as account name, language, and location.
- Security - We use these cookies to help identify and prevent potential security risks.
- Analytics and Performance - Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with our websites, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. We use these details to improve how our websites function and to understand how users interact with them.
- Advertising - These cookies are used to display relevant advertising to visitors who use our services or visit websites we host or provide, as well as to understand and report on the efficacy of ads served on our websites. They track details such as the number of unique visitors, the number of times particular ads have been displayed, and the number of clicks the ads have received. They are also used to build user profiles, including showing you ads based on products you’ve viewed or acts you have taken on our (and other) websites. These are set by Formosa Gourmet and trusted third party networks, and are generally persistent in nature.
- Third Party / Embedded Content - Cookie from different third party applications and services to enhance the experience of website visitors. These include social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter (through the use of sharing buttons), or embedded content from Youtube and Vimeo. As a result, cookies may be set by these third parties, and used by them to track your online activity. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
For more details on your choices regarding use of your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising visit youronlinechoices.eu (EU based) or optout.aboutads.info (US based).
On a mobile device, you may also be to adjust your settings to limit tracking.
Consent for Analytics and Advertising Cookies
You may see a “cookie banner” on our websites and dashboards. If you are visiting our site from the EU, then we do not set, or allow our ad partners to set, cookies that are used to show you targeted ads before you click to accept. When you consent in this manner, we and our analytics and advertising partners may set cookies, which we use for analytics purposes and to show you advertisements.