Carrot salad with chilli sardines
These southern Portuguese traditional flavours are a perfect match for quality preserved sardines in olive oil. Quick and easy to prepare, this recipe is perfect for a light summer lunch.
Time: 30 min
- 4-6 carrots (depending on size)
- 4 garlic cloves
- Paprika powder
- Cumin powder
- Olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- Black olives
- 1 can Sardines in spicy olive oil Formosa Gourmet
- Boil the carrots until you are able to pierce them with a fork
- Peel the boiled carrots
- Cut the carrots into slices
- Chop the garlic into small cubes
- Season the carrots with the garlic, olive oil, vinegar, paprika and cumin, to taste.
- Add the olives to the salad mix.
- Set the Sardines in spicy olive oil on the toasts and serve!