Mackerel Fillets Pita Sandwiches
A pita recipe from Formosa Gourmet. Fill your pita bread with our canned mackerel fillets, vegetables and tzatziki för a healthy, delicious and super quick meal.
Time: 20 min
- 1 Can Formosa Gourmet Mackerel fillets in Olive oil
- 4 pita breads
- 1 red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- 1 garlic glove, finely minced
- 2 dl Greek yoghurt
- ½ cucumber, finely grated and drained
- 1 Table spoon Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Start making the tzatziki by adding garlic, cucumber, olive oil, salt & pepper to the yoghurt. Put it in the fridge while preparing the rest of the recipe.
- Slice the tomato, chop the onion and prepare the lettuce. Cut the feta cheese into cubes. Open the can and take out the fillets.
- Cut the pita breads in half and open them.
- Fill the pita breads with vegetables, mackerel fillets and feta cheese. Finish by adding tzatziki.